Greenwheat Freekeh is a variety of delicious, highly nutritious grain made from young wheat harvested at their nutritional peak and then lightly toasted and cracked. The nutty taste and wholesome texture of the grains make Freekeh a flavourful alternative to rice, couscous and bulgur wheat.
This cracked variety of Freekeh is whole grain kernels that have been splintered into smaller pieces to provide a faster cooking time
Why is it awesome?
- Low GI/low insulin response (good for diabetics)
- High in Fibre (up to 4 times more than Brown rice!)
- High in Protein (Approx. 60% higher than rice)
- Higher in Magnesium, Potassium, Calcium & Iron compared to rice and pasta
- All natural, free from any chemicals
- Rich in Prebiotic properties
- GMO free
How to cook Greenwheat Freekeh (2 portions)
- Pour ½ pack, 100g Greenwheat Freekeh and 500ml water into a saucepan
- Add 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp olive oil (optional)
- Stir, then bring to the boil
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes
- Drain excess water and use hot or allow to cool and use warm or cold